- NOTIFICATION DETAILS:- Davp-10119/11/0008/2122
- NAME OF THE POST:- Assistant Commandant(Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer)
- JOB CATEGORY :- Regular Basis (Short Service Appointment (SSA) – Short Service Appointment as Assistant Commandant is for a period of 08 years which may be extended to 10 years and further extendable up to 14 years).
- NUMBER OF VACANCIES:-
Post wise vacancies are as under :-
- GD- 30
- CPL (SSA) -10
- Technical (Engineering)- 06
- Technical (Electrical)-04
- Total- 50
- SALARY AND PROMOTION DETAILS:-
- The promotions to the ranks will be as per the laid down promotion criteria. The pay scales for the various ranks are as per the 7th CPC are as follows:-
|Rank||Pay Level (PL)||Starting Basic Pay (in )|
|Deputy Inspector General||(13A)||1,31,100/-|
|Additional Director General||(15)||1,82,200/-|
- OTHER BENEFITS:-
(a) Medical cover for self and family including dependent parents.
(b) Government accommodation for self & family on nominal license fee.
(c) 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for self, family and dependent parents as per Govt. rules.
(d) Insurance cover of 1 Crore at a premium of 10000/- per month as Group insurance as per prevalent rules.
(e) Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement as applicable.
(f) Canteen facilities and various loan facilities at subsidized rates. (g) Learn &participate in various sports and adventure activities. (h) ECHS medical facilities after retirement
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:-
|(a)||General Duty Male (I) Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree from any recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (i.e. 1st Semester to 8th Semester for BE/B.Tech Course or 1st year to last year for Bachelor Degree candidates wherever applicable). (ii) Mathematics and Physics as subjects up to intermediate or class XIIth of 10+2+3 scheme of education or equivalent with 60% aggregate in Mathematics and Physics. (Candidates not in possession of Physics and Maths in 10+2 (intermediate) or equivalent level are not eligible for General Duty (GD)|
|(b)||Commercial Pilot Entry (CPL-SSA) Male/ Female Candidates holding current /valid Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) issued/ validated by Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA). Minimum educational qualification – 12th pass (Physics and Mathematics) with 60% marks in aggregate.|
|(c)||Technical (Engineering & Electrical) Male (i) Engineering degree with 60% marks in aggregate or Should have passed Sections A and B examination from the Institution of Engineers (India) in any of the discipline listed below:- (a) Engineering Branch-Naval architecture or Mechanical or Marine or Automotive or Mechatronics or Industrial and Production or Metallurgy or Design or Aeronautical or Aerospace. (b) Electrical Branch-Electrical or Electronics or Telecommunication or Instrumentation or Instrumentation and Control or Electronics and Communication or Power Engg. Or Power Electronics. All the above streams of Engg. Must be recognized by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). (II) Atleast 60% marks in aggregate in Physics and Maths in 12th class. or Three year diploma course with an aggregate of 60%.|
Note:-No relaxation is applicable for 12th class marks
- Age limit:-
(a)General Duty Born between 01 Jul 1997 to 30 Jun 2001 (Both dates inclusive).
(b) Commercial Pilot Entry (CPL-SSA) Born between 01 Jul 1997 to 30 Jun 2003 (Both dates inclusive)
(c) Technical (Engineering & Electrical) Born between 01 Jul 1997 to 30 Jun 2001 (Both dates inclusive)
(i) Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates as per Govt. of India rules in vogue. (ii) Maximum 5% relaxation in aggregate in the degree certificate for SC/ST candidates.
- Eligibility Criteria:-
(a) While short listing applications for call-up, priority will be given to candidates with higher percentage of marks in the degree.
(b) Only candidates cleared their final year/ final semester exams and completed their degrees are to apply.
(c) Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training academy are not eligible to appear.
(d) Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
(e) Free boarding & Lodging facility for the duration of FSB will be provided. To & From rail fares (AC III Tier / Chair car) or actual bus fare to the candidates appearing in FSB (Stage-II) will be reimbursed as per GOI policy.
(f) Indian Coast Guard reserves the right to fix the cut off percentage for issue of PSB call up letters.
- Physical standards:-
(a) Height. (i) Asst Commandant (GD), Technical: 157 cms minimum. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. regulations.
(ii) Asst Commandant (CPL-SSA) (Men/Women): Minimum 162.5 cms and maximum 197 cms, leg length minimum 99 cms.
(iii) Weight. Proportionate to the Height and Age, + 10 % acceptable. (c) Chest. Well proportionate, minimum expansion 5 cms.
(d) Eye Sight. (i) Asst Commandant (GD) 6/6 6/9 – Uncorrected without Glass. 6/6 6/6 – Corrected with Glass.
(iii) Asst Commandant 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other CPL holders (SSA) correctable to 6/6.
(iv) Asst Commandant (Tech) 6/36 6/36 – Uncorrected without Glass. 6/6 6/6 – Corrected with Glass.
- How to apply
- Applications will be accepted only ‘Online’. The important instructions for filling up of the online applications are as under:-
- The name of the candidate, father/mother’s name and date of birth should be same as mentioned in the 10th class passing certificate. Any mismatch in name & date of birth in the application will result in rejection of the application.
- Indicate exact percentage of 12th and Graduation marks upto two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
- Candidates to choose any one venue for PSB out of the options displayed.
- Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate is compulsory. The date, time and venue of the test and other information will be informed through personal email ID or CG Recruitment website.
- Applicants, either current or permanent address of online application should be same as the address mentioned in caste/category certificate (SC, ST, OBC& EWS).
- In case of OBC Non Creamy Layer (NCL), the category certificate should be as per the format for appointment for post under the Govt. of India. The format of the OBC (Non Creamy) certificate is available on ICG website (No other format will be entertained). Any other format will lead to cancellation of candidature.
- Tentatively online application Starting from :- 1200 hours 06.12.2021 to 17.12.2021 upto 1730 hours.
(b) To fill up “Online” application the candidates need to logon to the Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on “opportunities” button. Read the instruction carefully and proceed for filling up application form as given below:-
(I) Select the advertisement for Recruitment of Assistant Commandant 02/2022 Batch.
(II) Select any one post to be applied from any one of the followings:-
(a) Asst Commandant General Duty.
(b) Asst Commandant Commercial Pilot License(CPL-SSA) -Male/Female (ac) Asst Commandant (Engineering & Electrical)
(iii) Click on the ‘I Agree’ button and the ‘Online Application’ will be displayed.
(iv) Proceed to fill the application (All Star (*) marked entries are compulsory and to be filled).
(v) Candidate have to upload the photograph and signature in jpeg format (image quality 200 DPI). The size of photograph and signature must be between 10 kb to 40 kb and 10 kb to 30 kb respectively.
(a) Candidates shall ensure that all data is checked before clicking submit button. Any variation from 10th certificate regarding Name, Father’s Name, Date of birth, Percentage (%) in 12th mark sheet and category will not be allowed to sit in the examination.
(b) All candidates shall correctly fill up their mobile no. and e-mail ID. In case, the candidate has not having mobile no., his/her parent’s/guardian’s mobile no. is to be mentioned with name.
(vi) On successful submission of the online application a unique Application/Registration number will be provided to the candidate. Candidates must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval/ reprint of e-admit card.For candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria, a ‘Rejection Slip’, giving the cause of rejection with the ‘Application Number’ will be displayed. Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks.
(vii) Candidates are required to bring 02 copies of system generated E-Admit card having allotted roll number with recent identical photograph with blue background (not older than 03 months) and to be carried at the recruitment centre. Candidates shall bring all original documents and keep one application form ready along with photo copies of all documents required i.e. class 10th certificate and mark sheet showing date of birth, 12th class certificate along with mark sheet showing subjects, Degree certificate showing percentage of marks, caste certificate wherever required and NCC ‘C’ Certificate/Games certificate duly attested.
Note. (i) Candidate can apply for one branch only. Filling of multiple applications will result in cancellation of all applications. (ii) After successful registration, candidates are mandatorily required to take print out of their application form and e-admit card within a stipulated time frame which will be notified in the Coast Guard Recruitment Website. Any candidate who does not carry all these documents at the time of PSB and FSB shall not be permitted to appear in the exam. These documents are required to be produced at PSB centre. After, stipulated time frame for printing the said documents is over, no request/query regarding generation of application form and e-admit card will be entertained.
- Schedule for Preliminary Selection Examination:-
- Preliminary Selection will be conducted tentatively from Early Jan- 2022 onwards at following centres or any other centre promulgated by Coast Guard: –
- Indian Coast Guard District Headquarters No-11, 4th Floor, MPT Old Building, Mormugao Harbour, Goa – 403 803.
- Coast Guard Store Depot, CG Complex, Near Kalmandapam Police Station, GM Pettai Road, Royapuram, Chennai – 600 013.
- Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (North East), Synthesis Business Park, 6th floor, Shrachi Building, New Town, Rajarhat, Kolkata – 700 161.
- Coast Guard Selection Board, C-1, Near Indus Valley Public School, Sector-62, Noida, UP – 201 309.
- Selection Procedure Stage –I
- Short Listing of Applications. Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the qualifying cut off for a particular branch or centre may be increased more than 60% if more applications with higher % are received.
- Preliminary Selection. Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT). The aptitude tests will be in English only and will be of objective type. During PP&DT the candidates are expected to speak and discuss in English. However, they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do so. Date/ time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage.
Note: (i) Candidates who have completed their Degree in 2020/2021should be in possession of Original/Provisional Degree issued by the College/University. Candidates completed their Degree before 2020 must be in possession of Original Degree issued by the University, if not, the candidate must be in a possession of “Non issuance of Degree Certificate” issued / signed from the concerned University only(format available in www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in). No candidates will be permitted to appear in PSB without above documents in Original.
(ii) The CGPA or equivalent scheme should be corroborated with 60% of the total marks as per the conversion formula /promulgated issued from the respective University.
(iii) No amendment/correction will be allowed pertaining to any data post submission of online application forms.
(iv)All eligible candidates will undergo Biometric profiling.
(v) Appearing candidates or candidates not cleared final semester exam or awaiting for result are not eligible to apply 02/2022 batch.
- Stage -II Final Selection. The candidates who qualify Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection. The date and venue for Final Selection Board (FSB) will be uploaded on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.The Final Selection will be conducted tentatively from early Feb to Apr2022. The Final Selection will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview (Personality test). All documents/ certificates verified during PSB are also required to be produced in originals during FSB. List of Documents. Scrutiny of documents for eligibility will be carried out prior commencement of the written examination at venue.
- Candidates are therefore required to appear at the examination centres with following original documents. Original documents will be returned after verification:-
(a) Two copies of computer generated pre-filled online E-admit card form along with recent colour passport size photo (Not older than 03 months).
(b) Original class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet.
(c) Original class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet.
(d) Original Degree Certificate with all semesters/years mark sheets of BE/B.Tech/Graduation with CPA/CGPA conversion for percentage of marks from university.
(e) Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, Aadhaar Card, voter I card, college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
(f) Caste Certificate (if applicable) in original for OBC candidates(Non creamy layer only) as per Govt. of India format (format available in www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in) and in original for SC & ST candidates as per Govt. of India/ State Govt. (g) Income Certificate for EWSs (Economically Weaker Sections) as per Government of India Format (no other format will entertained) available on ICG website. (h) Character certificate. (Should not be older than six months on the date called for PSB).
(j) Twelve recent colour passport size photographs with blue background. (k) Candidates not in possession to above documents will not be permitted to appear for the written examination
For more details:-
- Indian Coast Guard Official Website Career Page- Click here
- Indian Coast Guard Official Notification PDF-Click here
- Indian Coast Guard Online Application Form-Click here